I’ve done a fair amount of international travel the last few years. I LOVE traveling, but we can all agree that the worst part of it is having to sit on an airplane for extended periods of time. Everything about the experience is less than ideal – the seats, food, the fact that it’s always COLD, the dry air…the list goes on. Bottom line is, it kind of sucks. Luckily, there are products out there that make flying more bearable. You’d be surprised how much small changes can improve your overall travel experience! Shop the products I can’t travel without below.
- Bose Noise Cancelling Headphones – You’ve probably heard me rave about these before, because they are that amazing. I don’t know what I was doing with my life before I got these headphones. Outside of everyday life, they’re also ideal for travel. They’ll cancel out the loud jet noise, the crying baby, your seat mates that won’t stop talking when you’re trying to nap..everything. Life. Saving.
- Kindle Voyage E-Reader – I had the old school Kindle for years, and recently upgraded to the Voyage. It looks even MORE like a real book page and you’re able to adjust the light based on the time of day, which I appreciate. Did I mention you no longer have to lift your finger to turn the page? Amazing.
- Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm – I learned that lip balm on flights was a necessity the hard way…after many flights that ended with cracked/chapped lips. Given how sensitive our lips are, chapped lips can ruin the beginning of a vacation. Don’t let it happen! This lip balm will keep your lips nice and hydrated for hours.
- An Extra Layer – Temperatures on airplanes are unpredictable. More often than not, they’re freezing cold, which is why I always bring an extra layer. There’s nothing worse than being cold and not being able to do anything about it.
- Korres Making Removing Wipes – After a few hours on the plane, my skin just starts to feel dirty. Before & after napping, I like to freshen up with these makeup removing wipes. I always feel clean, refreshed & moisturized after using these Greek Yogurt wipes from Korres.
- Cabeau Evolution Travel Pillow – I will be the first to admit that travel pillows are the opposite of cool, but I also like to get sleep in on long flights. I purchased this travel pillow a few years ago, and I bring it on EVERY single flight that’s over 4 hours long. It’s nice and snug, and comes up higher on your neck so your head never tips over (aka you avoid waking up to that dreadful falling feeling). After years of use, it’s still in great shape!
- Klean Kanteen Stainless Steel Water Bottle – I never get enough water on flights. Drinking a tiny cup before and after meals is never enough, so I always bring a large stainless steel water bottle with me to sip on throughout the flight. Staying hydrated helps with jet lag & keep your skin in check, and most airports have water filling stations where you can fill up.
- Clinique Moisture Surge Face Spray – In between using the makeup wipes, I’ll spray my face with face spray for quick hydration. I get that refreshed, dewy look instantly after spraying.
- Anker Battery Pack – There’s nothing worse than having your devices die on you mid-flight, so I always bring along a battery pack to recharge as needed. Leo is a tech geek and did thorough research on this battery pack before purchasing, so I won’t steer you wrong on this one! It charges faster than any other battery pack I’ve owned.
- AllBirds Wool Runners – I bought these bad boys just in time for my trip to Greece, and I’ve brought them on every single flight I’ve taken since. They literally feel like socks with a sole. My feet tend to swell up during long flights, so these shoes are perfect as they’ll expand with your feet as needed (& shrink right back). Also, how badass do they look?! Obsessed.
- EasyAcc Gooseneck iPad/iPhone Holder – Every once in a while, I like to catch up on my favorite shows during a flight. I used to use a small phone stand that sat on my tray, and found that my neck would get sore as I was looking down for hours on end. This adjustable holder solves that problem by allowing you to bring your device to eye level. The great thing about it is that you can use virtually anywhere.
- Tessel Supply Jetpack – I live in this backpack. I wear it to and from work every day, I stuff it with my laptop, my gym clothes, and with all the travel essentials included on this list for long flights. It has a nice sleeve for laptops & other devices, and is big enough to fit plenty of other stuff. It’s also insanely cool & unique – I always get compliments on it!
- Jao Hand Refresher – Last but most definitely not least, hand sanitizer is KEY. Planes are known to be high on the list of filthiest places, so I sanitize often. This sanitizer disinfects without drying out your skin, and also smells delicious as it includes essential oils like lavender and eucalpytus.
What do you always travel with? Any tips/tricks you have for long flights?
PS – If you’re traveling soon, here are some books on my reading list and my favorite podcasts!
Feature image via