I haven’t done a trend shop since I featured velvet booties – it’s been long overdue! Statement sleeves aren’t necessarily a “new” trend per se, as they really blew up earlier in 2016. I’m usually one to jump on trends quickly, but this one was a bit outside of my comfort zone. I’m finally at the point where I’m ready to embrace this trend. Bring on the bell sleeves!
Statement sleeves look best when paired with a simple outfit (you can potentially do eccentric accessories depending on the material/cut/print). Moral of the story, let the statement piece be the focal point of the outfit. Below are a few statement sleeve pieces I’m digging right now – click on the links below to shop!
- Sweater dress with bell sleeves (ASOS)
- Frilly shirt (Zara)
- Cotton poplin blouse (Net-a-porter)
- Cable knit with ruffle sleeve (ASOS)
- Frill cuff shirt dress (Missguided)
- Flounced sleeve blouse (Intermix)
- Flounce sleeve dress (Zara)
- Flared sleeve blouse (Mango)
- Ruffle sleeve sweat dress (ASOS)