Can’t believe the week is almost over! I only have a few more days left in sunny California, so I’ve been trying to take advantage of every minute. Catch me on Instagram to see what I’m up to while I’m here.
Today, I wanted to share 5 apps that I can’t live without at the moment. Some of these I use more when I travel, others I use on a daily basis.
1. Firechat: going abroad and don’t have internet connection? Use Firechat to connect with friends & family for free. This app uses bluetooth technology to connect to other devices, no wi-fi or cellular data required. It’s also great to have at large events like festivals, where cell reception is always an issue.
2. TripIt: Save all the nitty gritty details for upcoming trips within this app. TripIt saves your flight info, hotel bookings, car rental etc. all in one place and creates a master itinerary for your trip. All you have to do is forward your confirmation emails to firstname.lastname@example.org, and you’re set. I use this app for every trip I go on and I’ve saved so much time as a result.
3. Songza: I get burned out on my iPod playlist pretty quickly. When this happens, I turn to Songza to spice things up. It’s similar to Pandora, but there are no ads and playlists are set up based on your current mood. It’s one of my favorite sites to stream music, and their app makes it easy to access on your phone.
4. SurgeProtector: If you’re an Uber addict like I am, you’ve been a victim of surge pricing at one point or another. This app identifies areas nearby that don’t have surge pricing (or have lower surge), and uses that location to grab your taxi. Once you have a taxi locked in, you message your driver and tell them your actual address. Sounds shady, but desperate times call for desperate measures. For what it’s worth, I’ve never had a driver complain about entering the wrong address.
5. Postmates: Need something immediately but don’t have a car or don’t know where to go? Postmates delivers ANYTHING you need straight to your doorstep. You can literally order anything: medication, food, booze, toilet paper, the options are limitless. You can even order items from more than one place. Unfortunately, this app is only available in select cities (full list HERE), but they’re constantly expanding. Download the app HERE, and get $10 off your first order with my referral code: jwdv.