A few weeks back, I woke up in the middle of the night with an urge to scratch my neck. It was unbearably itchy! I initially thought I had developed a rash of some sort (I’ve got some weird allergies that kick in once in a while), but quickly realized that it’s because my skin was CRAZY dry. How did this happen so suddenly?! I definitely had not been on my full winter skincare routine, mainly because the temps just dropped a couple of weeks ago and I thought I was in the clear. Well, that sh*t snuck up on me, and fast.
I’ve been on the mend – it’s taking time for the dry patches to heal completely, but it’s getting there. One of my winter skin tips is heaving up on hydrating beauty products. I’ve been using three products on repeat to help rejuvenate my current skin situation.
You’ve heard me rave about this stuff before – well, almost two years later I’m still using it on the regular. The last few weeks, I’ve been mixing more of it on after my daily moisturizer and piling it on my neck (it sounds weird, but it’s the truth). I also apply it before bed on my face & neck so I wake up nice & hydrated.
A few months back, I was on the hunt for a hydrating face mask. After scoping out my beauty reviews, per usual, I came across this oatmeal mask by First Aid Beauty and decided to give it a shot. I love how light it feels when applying (it smells so natural), and how soft my skin feels afterwards. It’s gentle enough to use a few times per week – I’ve been using it about once a month, but I’m going to step it up to 2X a week to give my skin an extra boost in this cold weather.
I discovered this mask when perusing through Soko Glam’s site one day (PS – Soko Glam is a one-stop shop for all Korean beauty, def worth checking out!). It was one of their best sellers at the time (still is), and at $10 I figured I’d take the plunge and try it. Best $10 I’ve EVER spent. It’s basically like putting candy on your face. The sugar exfoliates, and at the same time the shea butter hydrates. The end result is glowing, soft skin.
CONFESSION. I can’t keep up with life lately. So overwhelmed! Holiday parties, birthday parties, house guests…it’s all happening at once and I feel like there just isn’t.enough.time. The one thing that helps me get through the craziness? The excitement of putting together holiday outfits. I’m usually not one to get all decked out, it’s not my thing. However, there IS something about the holidays that gets me in the mood to get, you know, a little festive. I’m not talking going full blown sequins head to toe (although, that sounds kind of amazing too), but rather adding subtle festive details to an otherwise everyday look. Here are four easy ways to make any outfit a holiday outfit –
After a little delay, they’re finally here! My short & sweet holiday gift ideas, for him and for her. Most of these are under $100 (only a couple exceed that amount!). I’ve featured a few items here that were also included in my October and November Tens. They’re just too good – I had to share them again.
- A Chic Coin Necklace ($77) – I particularly love this one by Cinco stores (I also like this one).
- Glossier’s Cloud Paint ($55) – I just tried Cloud Paint for the first time recently and became instantly hooked. Now they’re offering a quad pack so you can gift all of the colors! She’ll be able to mix & match the different colors, so none of them will go to waste. I’m a big fan of their Boy Brow too.
- Faux Fur Grab Bag ($40) – I’ve been eying this bag for some time now, the colors are all gorg.
- Oversized Wool Scarf ($48) – I own this one and have been wearing it on repeat.
- HiEleven Mini Flap Handbag ($89) – A simple, beautiful, handbag at a great price.
- Function of Beauty Shampoo & Conditioner ($36) – I’ve been using this stuff for almost two years now, and it’s just as cool as it sounds. Shampoo & conditioner made just for her & her hair needs. It’s all customized!
- Stylish Wireless Headphones ($99) – Adore these headphones from Sudio Sweden! They’re chic and functional. My first pair of wireless headphones & I’m never going back. Get 15% off with code CUDDLEPILL at checkout!
- Group Fitness Classes w/ ClassPass (gift card) – I’ve been on ClassPass a few years now and can’t get enough! January is just around the corner, so this gift is perfect for her New Year’s resolutions come into play.
- Metallic Lipstick ($24) – Yeah, I’m going on about this AGAIN. It looks good on everyone, trust me.
- Sneaker-like house slippers ($150) – Because every man needs a pair of these Time slippers in their life…how cool are they?!
- Travel-sized Quirkle ($15) – It’s a board game, it’s travel-sized, and he’ll love it. It’s one of our favorites!
- Google Home Mini (now $29!) – A cutesy version of Google’s home assistant.
- Sous Vide ($199 – use code HOLIDAY to get $20 off) – I decided sous vide cooking is worth it after all. An easy way he can nail his dish every. single. time.
- Comfy Belts from Beltology – Leo bought one of these recently and hasn’t stopped raving about it.
- Unlimited movies w/ MoviePass ($9.95/month) – For the movie lover! He can go to the movies as much as his heart desires for less than $10 a month. Their gifts include 3, 6, or 12 month subscriptions.
- Wool Loungers by AllBird ($95) – The comfiest pair of shoes he’ll ever own.
- TakeCareOf Customized Vitamins (gift card) – Vitamins customized just for him! You can gift as much as you want, and it includes a personalized message in their daily vitamin pack.
- Nintendo Switch ($299) – The gamer’s dream. A console that can be played on a screen, transported wherever his heart desires…and best of all, it’s Nintendo (think the old school Nintendo games he loves brought back to life).
Lucky enough for us, today is the first day that it actually feels like winter in Chicago. It is COLD out…but I mean, it is December after all. The last few weeks, we’ve been spoiled with mild weather. During this time, I’ve made a point to rock all of my lighter coats…i.e. blazers (because clearly I can’t get enough of those). The other winter coat trend I’ve been loving lately? The oversized trench coat. I snagged this one at a thrift store earlier this year – it was made for Nieman’s back in the day! The brown wool has a beautiful shine to it, and I love love love the burgundy lining. The best thing about oversized trench coats is that there is room to layer. I actually wore it back in May over a dress and sneakers! If the coat isn’t warm in and of itself, LAYER IT. In this case, I wore a thick sweater underneath, but you can even swap the sweater for a hoodie or a blazer (I really love a good blazer layered under a trench!). BOOM, you can now wear your trench in the winter too. It’s that easy. Shop my favorite winter coat trend below!
My first holiday gift guide is finally here! And even better…this one is inspired by Paris. One of my favorite things about traveling to Europe is exploring the home stores. The products they carry are so unique and cutesy – we simply don’t have anything like them here in the states. On our trip to Paris last month, we stumbled upon a few beautiful home stores and I quickly took out my phone and marked down all of the cool products we found.
For those of you looking for home gift ideas, you’ve come to the right place. Not only are these products super unique, but some of them make for great stocking stuffers or add on gifts! Prices vary from $1000 to $15, so there should be a gift in here for everyone’s price range (hopefully!).
Keep an eye out for gift guides for him & her later this week – you can check out last year’s gift guides here and here! Also, I’ve been curating my favorite products on Amazon over the last few weeks and will continue to add to it (a lot of the products shown here are on my shopping list).
Where did November go?! For me, it all started with a trip to Paris (not too shabby), followed by birthday celebrations with friends…and then before I knew it, the holidays were here. I put up our tree on Monday night (yeah, def didn’t get it together the day after Thanksgiving), and it really set the tone for Christmas in the house!
Given we’re heading into December, I figured it’s time to share the November Ten. For those of you who missed it, last month I started a new series on the blog. Every month, I’ll be doing a round up of my favorite things of the moment. From products, entertainment, to food (& more!). It’s a fun way to share all of the little things I’m loving lately, and you seemed to like the last one so I’ll keep it going! Here’s what I’m crushing on this month –
Annnd it’s Monday. Isn’t it so tough to get back to the grind after a holiday weekend? I am struggling. I hope you guys got some good shopping in (here are the deals I featured on Friday – I’m sure some of these are still going!). I tried to keep it together on the shopping because I treated myself a few weeks back on a BAG!! I never buy bags, so this was kind of a big deal. Not saying I didn’t buy anything, but ya know, I reeled it in a bit (we also did just come back from Paris, yeesh).
Since I rarely invest in a good bag, I researched the sh*t out of this before pulling the trigger. I’m talking months of scrolling through Instagram, flagging various bags to investigate. I ended up deciding on this beautiful bucket bag by Danse Lente. I love the versatility of both the color and the ability to wear it as a cross body and as a handbag. It’s also just plain stunning. This past weekend, I paired it with neutral colors and it made my outfit.
On my adventure to find the ultimate bag, I came across so many brands that I fell in love with. None of them were major designers (which I was trying to avoid), since I was hoping to find something a bit more exclusive and unique. Keep on reading to get the scoop…
Hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving! I spent the evening at Mom’s with family – we went overboard on desserts per usual. That’s how we roll! I started the day today with a quick AM workout, and then proceeded to lounge around the house the rest of the day. SO productive. I’m procrastinating the Christmas tree assembly; it needs to happen this weekend. Sigh. I’ll get around to it.
PS – It’s Black Friday sales weekend! I finished up my shopping early yesterday – only bought a few things since I’ve been on a 3 week shopping spree (it was my birthday & I treated myself!). I wish I had waited because the sales today are TOO GOOD. Below are 21 Black Friday sales to shop ASAP –
I don’t know about you guys, but Thanksgiving really crept up on me this year! How is it already the end of November? With only a few days left until the holiday, I’m focusing on prepping my pumpkin pie (that’s all I’m responsible for, thank god). I’ll be heading to my mom’s in the north suburbs where we’ll be having a little family gathering. I’m bummed we’ll be missing a few family members from out of town this year – I have a big family and love it when we’re all together! It’s madness, but always fun.
Anyway, I’m always stressed about Thanksgiving outfits, and figured you might be too. That’s why I’ve pulled together a roundup of five potential Thanksgiving outfits that you probably already have in your closet. You may have seen some of these on the blog recently, but either way, it’s just a casual reminder that you have options!
Did I always know how to style curly hair? Absolutely not. I’ve had curly hair my entire life, but didn’t figure out what to do with it until later in high school. Up until that point, I pulled it back in a ponytail and hair sprayed the fly aways. The result was a frizzy, sticky, slicked back mess. For someone who wears their hair curly daily – I straighten my hair maybe 3-4 times a year – it was important that I figured out how to manage it. Over the last 10 years my hair routine has evolved drastically, and I think at this point I’ve got it down to a science!
I’ve shared how I care for my curls, but I never shared how I actually get my curly look! Luckily, my hair has a natural loose curl, so that helps, but I do enhance it. Based on the stuff you guys search for on my blog and the feedback on Insta, I figured you may be curious what it is I actually do to my hair, so here is how to style curly hair (or at least how I do it!). You can shop all the products I use below!