I’m not sure how I feel about Valentine’s Day, even after all of these years. I feel like it’s kind of overrated, but I will never say no to another holiday of gifts & nice dinner. Leo and I usually keep it low key, exchanging small gifts and enjoying a night out together. Sounds like we’re doing the same this year, but the restaurant will be a surprise! Don’t worry, it will be all over my Insta story, I’m sure.
When it comes to Valentine’s Day, gifts can be tough because most of us have exhausted our gift options from the holidays. It’s so temping to just do the standard flowers/jewelry/cologne type of gift. Those are great too, don’t get me wrong, but it’s refreshing to break away from the norm. That’s why I’ve pulled together unique Valentine’s Day gift guides for him & for her…don’t worry, there are a few of the staple gifts peppered in too!
PS – If you’re in Chicago, here are some of my favorite dinner spots for Valentine’s Day!
- Vinter’s Daughter Botanical Serum: Every single beauty editor has been raving about this serum, so I’m sure the lady in your life is fully aware of it.
- Jin Soon Heirloom Nail Polish: The perfect winter pick-me-up, a metallic nail in the prettiest deep teal.
- A Vintage Belt: Because nothing shows that you care more than a killer vintage find! This one is Donna Karan, very similar to the black one I have.
- Santal 26 Candle: A candle she’ll never buy for herself – this one is my all time favorite for the house.
- Flowers for Dreams: My go-to for flower delivery in Chicago. All locally sourced, seasonal flowers, from a company with an inspiring backstory.
- Resin Hoop Earrings: She’ll be ahead of her spring accessory game with these gorgeous hoops.
- Rituals Energy Bubble Bath: For that moment she wants to take a luxurious bubble bath. With the scent of rose & honey, it couldn’t be more soothing.
- Byredo Gyspy Water: A fresh scent that changes notes throughout the course of the day. It smells different on everyone, but consistently amazing.
- Frango Chocolate: For the chocolate lover, these are the perfect pop of mint and milk chocolate. I grew up eating these on the regular, and my eyes still light up when I see a box.
Truff Truffle Hot Sauce: Perfect if he likes his food both truffly and spicy.
Taft Boots: Chic and functional boots for him to wear from the office to date night.
Fat Electrician Cologne: Leo bought this a few months ago, and I can’t get enough of the woody/sweet combo.
Mack Weldon Ace Sweats: Sweatpants that can be worn both inside & outside of the house.
Rugged & Dapper Cleanser: Because men don’t prioritize skincare like women do! This all-in-one cleanser is one of the top rated men’s cleansers out there.
Sheec Boat Socks: Leo swears by these boat socks – he claims they never fall off and they last forever.
Fjallraven Yupik Parka: A stylish, unique parka that he can rock the rest of winter. I especially like all of the pockets!
Frank & Oak Leather Weekender Bag: I bought this for Leo over Christmas and it was a big hit. The leather is soft yet durable, and its perfect for travel because it can pass as a personal item.